Botswana once again secured it’s place as Africa’s hidden gem, landing nine properties on Condé Nast Traveler’s coveted Gold List. While Botswana might not be the first country that most think of when the start the safari-planning process, the Gold List’s choice solidified Botswana as one of Africa’s premier safari destinations. The Gold List includes over 25,000 of Condé Nast readers’ top picks of the best hotels, resorts, cruise lines, and more.
The following Botswana properties, all of which are used frequently by African Safari Consultants, made the list under the Africa and Middle East category:
- Mombo and Little Mombo, Wilderness-Safaris, 98.4
- Jao Camp, Wilderness-Safaris, 94.3
- Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge, &Beyond Africa, 93.6
- Duma Tau Camp, Wilderness Safaris, 93.3
- Khwai River Lodge, Orient Express Camps, 91.4
- Savuti Camp, Wilderness-Safaris, 91.2
- Camp Okavango, Desert & Delta Safaris, 91
- Chief’s Camp, Sanctuary Retreats, 90.5
- Vumbura Plains , Wilderness-Safaris, 90.3
The properties were also recognized for various other achievements, including best location, best food, best design, and best activities. Click here to learn more about Condé Nast readers’ thoughts about each resort.