A must before your Safari If you haven’t yet heard the remarkable story of Jessica the Hippo – then you are missing out! A visit to her sanctuary is a must if you find yourself with some time before your Kruger Safari begins and you are staying in the Hoedspruit area. Have a look at [...]
Tag : hoedspruit
By africansafarisblogadmin on July 29, 2011 in Africa, African Safaris, big 5 safari, classic safari, family safari, South Africa
africa big 5 big 5 safari botswana cape town conservation East africa elephant family safari gorilla's gorilla trekking hippos kenya kruger national park kruger park kwa-zulu Natal leopard liesl lion lion sands lise londolozi madagascar madikwe malaria free safari masai mara mozambique namibia natal okavango delta rhino rhino poaching rwanda sabi sand safari safaris serengeti south africa southern africa south luangwa tanzania uganda ulusaba victoria falls zambia
- Cameron Duncan on Client Images: Sabi Sand Lions Bonding
- Peter Miles on Client Images: Sabi Sand Lions Bonding
- kruger park safari on Zambia’s Emerald Season
- Kruger park safaris on Take a Walk on the Wild Side
- Namibia: A Paradise you should never be asked to leave - African Safaris Blog on African Safari Consultants Team Profile: Liesl Mathews
Dear Ilze, We are home, safe and sound. You always called the trip “Your Fabulous African Journey”. And, you were right on. It was absolutely fabulous! A trip of a lifetime. We saw all the BIG 5, met wonderful people ( guides, waiters, cooks,transporters, etc.), ate great food and had an exciting time. The trip exceeded expectations, by a factor. Thank you for your work. I should have called you back to also thank you for getting my walker delivered that first night. My son took close to two thousand pictures. I’ll share the best with you after he sends me copies. My friends are jealous. Regards, Dave
Hi Ilze- Nicole and I are back in the US and wanted to thank you again for all the help that you gave us to make our trip truly fantastic! We're happy to give you some feedback on some places that stood out to us, as well as some learnings for future travelers. I'll also try to address your questions in the respective sections. Below is a quick summary: South Africa
- Cape Town accommodations were fine. Nothing "special" but we knew that going in. It was very comfortable, clean and convenient.
- The lodge in Franschhoek was really nice.
- The Elephant Lodge was a really nice location. Very unique and charming.
- You definitely warned us about the distance between all locations - we probably should of listened. While it was great to see the towns that we did, it was often after a long day of driving only to have to leave again first thing in the morning.
- All in all, the locations and lodges were all lovely in S. Africa.Mozambique
- Everything was amazing! LOVED Islands of Siankaba.
- We've already given feedback here. It was an amazing island. Beautiful, tranquil, etc.
- The Banguerra Lodge had a lot of potential. It was beautiful, the food was good.
Overall Feedback Aside from the above, we were very very happy with all the other elements of our trip (food, boarding, activities, transfers). That said, we thought we’d summarize some things that may have made our trip a bit more seamless so that you can pass along to future customers. Looking forward to connecting at your convenience. Thanks again for your help in planning a truly amazing, life changing trip. I hope the feedback above is helpful, and in the context that it was intended - which is that all in all, we are VERY happy. Have a great day. Colby
- We really loved the Stanley.
- Travel time between parks.
Gabriella: I have worked with Jeff and Liesl on our annual "Around the World Gang" for the last 5 years and during that time there was NEVER ONE tiny detail left undone. Both Liesl and Jeff are enthusiastic, thorough, dependable, very knowledgeable and committed to their profession. From my experience, they are "above & beyond" anyone's expectation and you will find no one that could surpass their performance. Dee Phillips
Hi Jeff and Leisl! We JUST walked in the door from our fabulous holiday! We all cannot thank you ENOUGH for all the hard work and effort that all of you put into this vacation for us. Believe it or not, absolutely EVERYTHING fell into place.....there was NEVER anything that was not taken care of from our first day in the Mara until the minute we left Zanzibar. Even the fire at Nairobi airport did NOT affect us or our travel plans. Of course we are ALL quite jet-lagged at the moment and cannot think straight. My son and daughter, who have the expensive cameras, have easily over a 1,000 pictures each while I have a mere 400 photos. Liesl, just to let you know, we saw 2 amazing crossings!!! And happily, without any fatalities! (However, there was one baby 'wildie' who got stuck in the rocks :() I will be in touch next week....once I am clear headed. THANK you ALL for an EXTRAORDINARY job!!! I will be happy to address any questions that you would like. My children are both quite familiar with tripadvisor. They will be posting their feedback.....all very positive in that website. They will probably be posting about the individual camps and guides. I am not sure they are familiar with your organization and I would be happy to pass along any place where they can comment on your excellant skills. We'll be in touch! Best, Pattie
Hi Liesl, I'm in London waiting for my flight back to the ice and snow, and I have to be honest - everywhere you booked us was absolutely beyond amazing! Plettenberg Bay (Starfish), the Garden Route farm (Malvern Manor) and especially Nottens were fantastic and great value. In 2008 my profession had a World Congress in Cape Town and I was accompanied by 12 North Americans. The trip was great, BUT I needed to find a better travel agent. YOU GUYS passed with flying colours! Will keep in touch, Vic