Hi Liesl and Jeff, We’re back home reflecting on our trip as John goes through his hundreds of photographs. We just want to let you know how fantastic our trip was! From beginning to end all worked out to be all we wanted and more. Our time in Cape Town was excellent — including being [...]
A new National Geographic documentary, “The Last Lions,” is set for release at theaters across the United States this weekend. Jeff and I were lucky enough to snag a set of tickets for the opening premier in New York City’s Chelsea neighborhood tomorrow evening, courtesy of the wonderful gang at Wilderness Safaris. We’re very excited [...]
- Cameron Duncan on Client Images: Sabi Sand Lions Bonding
- Peter Miles on Client Images: Sabi Sand Lions Bonding
- kruger park safari on Zambia’s Emerald Season
- Namibia: A Paradise you should never be asked to leave - African Safaris Blog on African Safari Consultants Team Profile: Liesl Mathews
- jerry on ASC Launch Scholarship Program
Hi Jeff and Lise – I wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time on our trip to Tanzania (I travelled with the Haurand party). Our accommodations were great, and our guide, Solomon was simply the best! I don’t know how else to describe him – to say that he was great, or wonderful, or professional or knowledgeable simply doesn’t do him justice! He was all of that and more! When I return (and I’m already thinking about how and when to return to Africa), I’ll definitely request Solomon as our guide again! I’ve attached a few photos, and I’ll send a subsequent email with a few more. I have ‘friended/liked’ your page on Facebook, and I’ve posted more pictures on my FB page if you’d like to see them. I invested in a new camera for this trip, and it was a good investment!! Thank you again for your assistance, and your attention to detail, and for everything that you did! Sandra
Hi Ilze Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The honeymoon was great! We enjoyed both safaris a lot, and got to see so many different animals and the wildebeest crossing. We were glad to be able to observe and learn the differences between the two reserves. We especially enjoyed the Mara Bushtops camp. The guides, accommodations and service were all superb. Samburu Intrepids was also very nice, and we had a great guide and the place itself had great service. However, we felt it was a notch below the Bushtops in terms of luxury. Also, there were a few families with children there, so we didn't feel like it may have been the best place for a honeymoon. Overall, it was a great trip. Thanks very much for your help, and I will be in touch for future safari trips! Jeff
Thanks for your mail, I was planning to write to thank you for the wonderful and unforgettable honeymoon you built for us. Every place we visited was amazing, the planning and logistics were impecable and the people we met made us feel like royalty. It was so incredible I left in tears. Be sure we will contact you again in a near future for another trip to Africa! Special thanks to Sarah who was so amazing and understood our needs perfectly. Thanks again for everything, The Valles
Every aspect of our trip was spot on - no delays, missed connections, late flights or missing transfer drivers. We came home with thousands of pictures and many incredible memories. Thanks to your expert consultation, we had the trip of a lifetime and have been smitten by the people and places we've experienced. Thank you for being so attentive and responsive to our questions. I have already provided your contact info to several colleagues who are interested in planning a trip to Africa. We hope to plan another adventure to Africa - perhaps Namibia next time and will be sure to call you!The McClays
Hi Ilze- Nicole and I are back in the US and wanted to thank you again for all the help that you gave us to make our trip truly fantastic! We're happy to give you some feedback on some places that stood out to us, as well as some learnings for future travelers. I'll also try to address your questions in the respective sections. Below is a quick summary: South Africa
- Cape Town accommodations were fine. Nothing "special" but we knew that going in. It was very comfortable, clean and convenient.
- The lodge in Franschhoek was really nice.
- The Elephant Lodge was a really nice location. Very unique and charming.
- You definitely warned us about the distance between all locations - we probably should of listened. While it was great to see the towns that we did, it was often after a long day of driving only to have to leave again first thing in the morning.
- All in all, the locations and lodges were all lovely in S. Africa.Mozambique
- Everything was amazing! LOVED Islands of Siankaba.
- We've already given feedback here. It was an amazing island. Beautiful, tranquil, etc.
- The Banguerra Lodge had a lot of potential. It was beautiful, the food was good.
Overall Feedback Aside from the above, we were very very happy with all the other elements of our trip (food, boarding, activities, transfers). That said, we thought we’d summarize some things that may have made our trip a bit more seamless so that you can pass along to future customers. Looking forward to connecting at your convenience. Thanks again for your help in planning a truly amazing, life changing trip. I hope the feedback above is helpful, and in the context that it was intended - which is that all in all, we are VERY happy. Have a great day. Colby
- We really loved the Stanley.
- Travel time between parks.